Semaglutide for Weight Loss in – Know More About It.
Medication-Assisted Treatment is just one click away.
How To Get Prescribed Semaglutide In Puerto Rico?
Getting a prescription for Semaglutide from Puerto Rico’s licensed health professional is easy with GreenPot MD. You must go through the following steps to obtain your semaglutide weight loss prescription in PR in less than a day.
FILL UP AND SUBMIT THE SEMAGLUTIDE ONLINE EVALUATION FORM
GET EVALUATED BY A PR-LICENSED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
GET APPROVAL FOR SEMAGLUTIDE IN PR
A medication that holds miracles to transform your life!
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist and emerged as a promising new weight loss method. It mimics the GLP-1 hormone released in the gastrointestinal tract in response to eating. GLP-1 also interacts with the brain, reducing appetite and signaling a feeling of fullness.
Initially, Semaglutide was used for treating type-2 diabetes patients.
However, after seeing its effects on obesity, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved semaglutide for chronic weight management.
How Are Semaglutide Injections Work for Weight Loss?
Semaglutide injections are typically administered once a week under the skin. It mimics the body’s natural GLP-1 hormone, which helps regulate food intake. By activating the GLP-1 receptors in the brain, semaglutide reduces appetite, increases feelings of fullness, and decreases food cravings. Semaglutide injections make it easier to make healthier dietary choices and adhere to a reduced-calorie meal plan.
Benefits of Semaglutide for Weightloss
Convenience of administration.
More reduction in weight.
Positive impact on Quality of Life
Weightloss is sustainable.
Health benefits beyond weight loss:
Who can use Semaglutide in Puerto Rico?
Semaglutide is primarily prescribed if you meet specific criteria for weight management. Generally, it is recommended for:
- Adults with a BMI or body mass index of 30 kg/m² or greater.
- Adults with a BMI of 27 kg/m² or greater with at least one weight-related comorbidity, such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure.
However, the final decision rests with your doctor after examining your health condition. They will determine whether semaglutide injections could help you with your obesity.
Semaglutide Injection v/s Semaglutide Tablet
Semaglutide is available in both injection and tablet forms. While they contain the same ingredient, some potential differences exist between semaglutide injections and tablets, i.e., dosing, absorption rate, side effects, and effectiveness. Let’s read in brief.
- Dosing: Semaglutide injections are typically administered weekly, while semaglutide tablets are taken once daily. This dosing schedule ensures better medication adherence, as you only need to remember to administer the injection once a week.
- Side Effects: Semaglutide tablets can occasionally cause gastrointestinal side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. In contrast, semaglutide injections, administered as injections, bypass the gastrointestinal tract entirely.
- Effectiveness: As the injection directly hits the bloodstream, Semaglutide injections show more efficient weight loss than Semaglutide tablets.
- Absorption: Semaglutide injections are absorbed directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive system. Whereas semaglutide tablets must be absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract before reaching the bloodstream.
Side Effects of Semaglutide For Weight Loss.
Generally, semaglutide is well tolerable medication. But like other medications, it has potential side effects such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, etc. Here are some common side effects that have been reported with semaglutide for weight loss:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
Some of the severe side effects of semaglutide include:
Everybody is different, so the severity of the symptoms also differs. However, these side effects are rare, but it’s good to know about them.
- Kidney problems
- Vision changes
- Pancreas or gallbladder disease
- Trouble breathing
Most of the symptoms usually lessen as you continue to take semaglutide. Tell your doctor promptly if any of these effects last or worsen.
Who Is Not Eligible For Semaglutide Injections In Puerto Rico?
Certain individuals may not be eligible or require additional precautions when using semaglutide.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women,
- A person with a history of pancreatitis
- A person with a history of medullary thyroid carcinoma or multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
- A person with hypersensitivity to semaglutide or any of its components.
- A person with a history of severe gastrointestinal disease, such as inflammatory bowel disease.
It is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional who can evaluate your medical condition and determine if semaglutide weight loss treatment is suitable for you. You can contact GreenPot MD for personalized guidance and help to make informed decisions.
We get it. What are you going through!
Book Your Online Consultation With Our Medical Professionals
Got any Queries?
Call us at (888) 805-0105
Don’t overthink and book a consultation. Maybe we can help!
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand your struggle; that’s why we are here for help!
Does Semaglutide Get Rid of Belly Fat?
Does Semaglutide Cause Fat Loss or Muscle Loss?
How Does Semaglutide Help You Lose Weight?
What Should I Do If I Have Missed a Dose of Semaglutide?
How Do I Take Semaglutide for Weight Loss?
What Is the Semaglutide Dosage for Weight Loss?
How Soon Can I Expect To Lose Weight With Semaglutide?
How Often is Semaglutide Taken?
Can Semaglutide Help With Long-Term Weight Maintenance?
What is the Price of Semaglutide in PR?
Our Satisfied Customers Reviews!
Millions of customers have been cured so far!
You can be the next!