Get Your Ohio Medical Marijuana Card With GreenPot MD
Health Qualifying Conditions
How To Get An Ohio Medical Marijuana Card?
1. Schedule an Appointment OnlineSchedule an online appointment over the phone or online with professional marijuana doctors in Ohio through GreenPot MD at your desired time. You can schedule it by filling out the registration form on our website, providing some basic details and medical history.
2. Discuss Your Medical Conditions With Our Doctor
One of our marijuana doctors will contact you and examine your medical condition. You can ask any questions related to medical marijuana treatment. After the appointment is complete, if the doctor finds you eligible for the Ohio medical marijuana card, the doctor will register you with the state marijuana program as an approved patient.
3. Get your Ohio Medical Marijuana CardOnce approved, you’ll receive an email from the state marijuana program to complete your application. Ohio has an additional $50 application fee to receive your Ohio medical marijuana card. The state will then process your application, and you’ll be able to print your card within 72 hours. After getting the card, you can purchase medical marijuana from weed dispensaries.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana Card in Ohio
Access To state-licensed Dispensaries
Access To Higher THC Products
Marijuana Tax Exemptions
Lower Age Access
Why GreenPot MD Practitioner?
Doctors Who Understand Your Needs
Offers Personalized Care
Medical Marijuana Card
Medical Cannabis ID Card
100% Money Back Guarantee
If not qualified, we offer a 100% Money-Back Guarantee. No Appointments Required.
About Ohio Medical Marijuana
In 2016, Ohio legislatures passed House Bill 523 after realizing the medical marijuana remedial potential and its crucial role in treating ample health conditions.
According to the passed bill, medical marijuana consumption within the state got decriminalized, and laws governing the Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program started.
Along with this, the state permitted legal access to medical marijuana products from the state-licensed dispensaries but only with a valid medical cannabis card.
Ohio Medical Marijuana Card EligibilityTo qualify for a medical marijuana card in Ohio, a person must meet the following requirements:
- A person must be 18 years older or more
- A person under 18 years must have an assigned caregiver at least 21 years of age or older.
- A person must have a qualifying medical condition
- A person must be an Ohio resident with valid residential proof.
Qualifying Ailments For Medical Marijuana Card Ohio!
The state has permitted a total of 22 health conditions eligible for the treatment using Medical Marijuana. The Ohio Medical Marijuana Conditions include:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Chronic Pain
- Wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Tourette syndrome
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Ulcerative Colitis
However, there is a possibility of adding new qualifying ailments shortly as every year; there is a petition period to appeal the addition of some new qualifying debilitating conditions into the list.
Documents Required To Obtain a Medical Marijuana Card Ohio
- A state ID card proving Ohio residency
- Age proof confirming the age of the applicant
- A written medical recommendation obtained from the licensed medical Doctor
- A recent photograph in digital format
- Previous medical records (if any)
- A patient must submit a mandatory patient registry fee of $50
- The Caregivers annual fee for the registry is $25
- The Pharmacy Board may reduce the registration fees by 50% for the patients who qualify for social security, supplemental income, veteran status, or other disabilities.
- The patients qualifying for Veterans status must have their veteran card and records to show honorable discharge like a DD 214 form.
Ohio Medical Marijuana Laws
Ohio state laws state that an individual must be 21 years of age or older to have legal access to Medical Marijuana.However, when patients turn 18, they must renew their card or wait until the yearly coverage.
Ohio State has legalized the use but didn’t permit the consumption of Medical Cannabis in smoking form.However, according to the 86th page of Ohio’s Medical Marijuana bill, the state allows the following consumption forms.
- Vaporize Cannabis Flower
- Waxes and Oils
- Topical creams and gels
A patient can purchase up to a 90-day supply.But yes, you must have complete information concerning this. According to Ohio’s administrative code, a patient may buy no less than a whole day unit at a time. The “Whole day unit” terms definition varies based on Medical Marijuana opted.
- 2.83 grams of a marijuana plant material
- 295 milligrams of THC content in the form of lotion, cream, ointment, or patch
- 110 milligrams of THC content in the form of tinctures, oil, capsules, edibles for oral administration.
- 590 milligrams of THC content in the form of cannabis oil for vaporization.
A person registered with the OMMCP is permitted to have legal access to buy, possess and administer medical cannabis on behalf of the qualifying patient they are giving care to.Each patient is permitted to designate two caregivers, and each caregiver can serve up to two patients.
Ohio State has not established any reciprocity laws for patients from other states. If you are visiting Ohio state and are a qualified patient from some other state, then even your medical card won’t save you from legal troubles.However, there is a possibility that this may be done as soon as the law updates every year! The Medical Cannabis forms you can buy at state-authorized dispensaries. The forms of Medical Cannabis you can purchase in Ohio include:
- Cannabis Flower
- Plant Material for Vaping
Can You Get a Medical Marijuana Card at 18?
Yes! Minor patients can obtain a medical cannabis card in Ohio, but they must show their parent’s or legal guardians’ consent. This can be done by assigning a caregiver and submitting a caregiver’s registration form to the OMMCP’s official website.After registering with OMMCP, even minors can have legal access to Ohio Medical Marijuana.
Are the patients in Ohio allowed to cultivate their own Medical Marijuana?
Unfortunately, no!You cannot cultivate your own medicine in Ohio. Currently, there is no provision for the home cultivation of marijuana in Ohio. And therefore, it must be purchased from marijuana dispensaries in Ohio.
Where can patients buy Medical Marijuana?
Once the recommendation is obtained from a licensed Marijuana Doctor and the patient is registered with Ohio Medical Marijuana Registry, you will be able to purchase medical cannabis from any of the 57 state-licensed dispensaries.
What is a caregiver? How many caregivers can a patient have in Ohio?
A caregiver is an individual registered with Ohio’s Board of Pharmacy to acquire, purchase, and administer Medical Marijuana on behalf of a minor or disabled patient.
A patient is permitted to designate 2 caregivers, and each caregiver can serve up to only two patients.
Is my personal information kept private?
How much Medical Cannabis can be purchased from the dispensary?
Are the marijuana patients in Ohio permitted to smoke medical marijuana?
Ohio has restricted the act of smoking Cannabis in Ohio HB 523. Ohio has passed strict laws to deal with the legality of Medical Cannabis products.Still, the smoking of Medical Cannabis is strictly prohibited, and a few other forms of consuming medical marijuana are decriminalized.
Will the insurance company cover the certification process or medical cannabis application in Ohio?
How to renew my MMJ card Ohio?
How much does the Ohio medical marijuana card cost?
What Does Greenpot MD Offer?Team GreenPot MD has aimed to help those patients undergoing painful health conditions and are not able to visit or find registered Ohio medical marijuana doctors by offering:
We understand emergencies and queries can hit you anytime. That’s why we offer customer support and services around the clock. You can get your answers by reaching us at (888) 281-8758 or writing us at email@example.com.
Only GreenPot MD Provides 100% Money Back Guarantee
If not qualified, we offer a 100% Money-Back Guarantee. No Appointments Required.
Reviving Dry Weed: The Ultimate Guide to Rehydrating Your Weed BudsMany people were looking for a way to rehydrate their dehydrated weed. After all, dry weed is a kind of waste. It will not give you the benefits you are looking for in a weed. If you...
Connecticut Legalizes Recreational Marijuana But Protects Employer Rights.Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont signed Senate Bill 1201, allowing citizens to use marijuana recreationally. However, despite this legalization, Connecticut's law permits...
Managing Cannabis Withdrawal Symptoms: Recognizing and Finding HelpWhether you use marijuana for recreational or medicinal purposes, you can develop withdrawal symptoms. These withdrawal symptoms may include irritability, anxiety, insomnia, and...