After passing medical regulations in 2018, Missouri allowed qualified patients to obtain medical marijuana cards.
You can obtain your Missouri medical card online through the state’s medical cannabis portal. However, before applying on the state medical marijuana portal, you must get a medical marijuana recommendation from a licensed healthcare professional.
Moreover, there are certain qualifying conditions and requirements that you must meet to obtain your MO medical marijuana card. Understanding these qualifying conditions and needs is essential to avoid legal complications or penalties.
This blog will walk you through the essential steps and Missouri medical card requirements, ensuring you will get your card without complications.
- How To Get Medical Marijuana Recommendation In Missouri.
- How To Complete State Registration To Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri.
- What Medical Conditions Qualify For A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
- Requirements For Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri.
- What Documents Do I Need To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
- Can Minors Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
- When Can I Renew My Missouri Medical Marijuana Card?
- How Can I Renew My Missouri Medical Marijuana Card?
- Can An Out-of-State Patient Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
- Bottom Line:
How To Get Medical Marijuana Recommendation In Missouri.
Getting a medical marijuana recommendation in Missouri is easy with GreenPot MD. We offer online consultations with experienced licensed healthcare professionals. Here’s how it works:
Book your appointment:
Fill out the online evaluation form at GreenPot MD and schedule an online consultation with one of our licensed physicians.
Consultation with a licensed healthcare professional:
Join an online consultation with one of our licensed healthcare professionals, who will review your medical condition. They will determine whether medical cannabis can help with your specific medical condition and address any queries you may have.
Receive your recommendation:
If the physician believes medical cannabis is appropriate for your conditions, you will receive your medical marijuana recommendation. Use this recommendation to apply for a medical marijuana card.
How To Complete State Registration To Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri.
With your recommendation, you can now proceed to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services to complete the application for a medical marijuana card. Here is how to complete your state registration and get your Missouri medical marijuana card.
Visit the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program to create an account. You’ll need to provide your personal information and other necessary information.
- After creating your account, log in to complete the online application for a medical marijuana card. You will need to upload a medical marijuana recommendation. If required, you can also register as a Missouri medical cannabis caregiver.
- Now, review the form and pay the application fee. The fee is $25.
- After submitting your application, the DHSS (Department of Health and Senior Services) will review it. You will receive an email notification once your application is approved.
- Once your application is approved, the DHSS will mail your Missouri medical cannabis card to the address you provided during registration.
What Medical Conditions Qualify For A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
The Missouri Health Department does not set any qualifying medical conditions. However, it allows doctors to determine whether individuals could benefit from medical marijuana.
According to the Missouri DHSS, in the professional judgment of a licensed healthcare professional, any chronic or debilitating medical condition can qualify for a medical marijuana card in MO. Qualifying conditions for medical card in Missouri are:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- Chronic pain
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Tourette’s syndrome
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) or AIDS (acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
- A chronic medical condition leads to physical or psychological dependence.
- A terminal illness
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
- Sickle cell anemia
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Wasting syndrome
Requirements For Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri.
Diagnosing with a qualifying medical condition is just one of several requirements for obtaining a Missouri medical card. Other requirements include:
- You must be a resident of Missouri.
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply as an adult.
- A licensed MMJ doctor in MO must issue you a written physician certification to verify your eligibility.
- Caregivers must be 18 years of age.
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
You can arrange a few documents to get your MMJ card in Missouri. Ensure you have the following documents ready before applying for a medical marijuana card in MO. You will typically need:
- A federal or state-issued photo ID.
- A passport-size photo that is at most three months old.
- A written physician’s recommendation that is less than 30 days old.
- Proof of low income (if applicable).
Can Minors Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
In Missouri, minors can also enjoy the benefits of a medical marijuana card. However, there are some restrictions and regulations. Minor patients cannot apply directly; their parents or legal guardians must apply on their behalf.
The application process for a minor is similar to that of adult patients. The parent or legal guardian must complete the necessary paperwork, including submitting the required documentation and paying associated fees.
When Can I Renew My Missouri Medical Marijuana Card?
The Missouri medical marijuana card will be valid for three years. The window for submitting renewal is no sooner than 60 days before and no less than 30 days before the expiration date.
However, the system will allow renewal submission after 30 days. The department will take 30 days from the request to process an application. They can’t guarantee that a renewal received in this time frame will be processed before expiration.
How Can I Renew My Missouri Medical Marijuana Card?
To renew your Missouri medical marijuana card, you must follow a similar process to the one you followed when initially applying.
Obtain a medical cannabis recommendation from a licensed healthcare professional. Login to your account on the Missouri Medical Marijuana Program. Fill out the application form and update any required information.
Submit your completed renewal application and Pay the Renewal fee of $25. Once your renewal application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the DHSS. If everything is in order, you will receive a new medical marijuana card within 30 days.
Can An Out-of-State Patient Get A Medical Marijuana Card In Missouri?
Under the Missouri medical marijuana program, you must not provide state residency proof. Out-of-state individuals may sign up for their Missouri medical cannabis card if they have a qualifying medical condition.
However, it’s essential to contact DHSS before applying because there may be different rules and regulations for out-of-state patients. They will help you to make more informed decisions.
Getting medical marijuana is easy, but consult only licensed healthcare professionals. Only they have the authority to recommend marijuana. You can contact GreenPot MD for licensed healthcare professionals in Missouri. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to start your journey towards medical cannabis.
2. Connect With A Registered Marijuana Doctor.
3. Receive Your Recommendation Instantly.
A Complete Process and Ways to find The Best Marijuana Doctors.In This Blog Introduction Find The Best Doctors Factors To Check while Selecting Online Medical Marijuana Doctors State Initiative Final Take Are you looking for "Medical marijuana...
Explaining the Process of Acquiring a Medical Marijuana Card in Illinois (Updated Process - 2023)Medical marijuana cards in Illinois has many benefits, and in this article, we will talk about getting the card in detail, so you get your own marijuana...
NLegalization Status of Weed in Illinois, Here is what you should know (2023)In This Blog Introduction Key facts about MMJ Card Qualifying Conditions Possession Can I Grow My Own Medicine? Requirements Process Bottomline Yes! The access, purchase,...