Can Medical Marijuana Help With Back Pain?
February 1, 2023
Back Pain is a type of chronic pain, and many people suffer from it. It is very commonly found in people who often tend to skip their work for constant doctor appointments. There are different back pain types, like acute and chronic back pain. Acute back pain lasts under six months, and chronic back pain lasts at least more than three months.
Does Medical marijuana Give Relief to Back Pain?
Medical marijuana can provide instant relief to the pain caused by chronic pain. Marijuana is proven to be very effective in decreasing the back pain caused by most types of pain. It is also a better option to consider when one does not want to go for a heavy dosage of medication and wants to get treated with natural medication.
In 2016, The International Journal of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine also proved that taking medical marijuana can help in reducing lower back pain. A study was conducted on around 46 patients who were suffering from lower back pain problems and did not find any success by using at least two narcotic drugs. Medical marijuana of 20 grams was given to them each month, and the patients said their yearlong back pain seemed to disappear.
Marinol is a federally approved cannabis that is a cannabis Schedule III drug used for treating AIDS and cancer. The THC content is Marinol is Schedule I content which makes it illegal. Many states have now legalized the use of medical marijuana as many common conditions are treated with it. Luckily, back pain is included in most states’ health condition lists to start with marijuana treatment.
Symptoms of Back Pain
The most common symptoms associated with the disease include:
- Pain that is transmitted from back to leg and lower body
- Increased pain when bending or lifting
- Worst pain when sitting, standing, or resting
- Sudden back pain
- Stiffness in the Back
- Back pain after a fall
- Tingling and Numbness
- Back pain along with weight loss that is not intended
- Worst back pain that is not healing with medication
Causes of Back Pain
- Excessive weightlifting
- No exercise
- Ruptured disk
- Muscle or ligament strain
Risk Factors Involved
1. Mental Illness – It is not commonly known, but chronic pain can also lead to the development of some psychological issues that can affect an individual’s body in several ways.
2. Heavy Backpacks – Young children can suffer back pain from heavy backpacks to school. Ideally, a backpack should not weight more than 20% of a kid’s weight.
3. Job risks – Poor sitting posture at work can trigger back pain and have a chance to develop lifelong pain causing the problem.
4. Genetic – Ankylosing spondylitis is a form of genetic arthritis that can trigger lower back pain. The spinal joints here fuse, and this is often genetic.
5. Age – Osteoporosis is a prevalent way that develops lower back pain when the person ages. Often people face lower back pain when they are growing old, which can lead to fractures if not treated on time.
6. Pregnancy – There are many pelvic changes that happen due to weight gain during pregnancy. This leads to lower back pain and is not usually resolved even after childbirth.
Tackle Back Pain With Medical Marijuana?
Medical marijuana has two major components, THC and CBD. THC works are blocking the pain receptors that give patients relief from back pain.
Studies have also resulted in a 40% reduction in the intensity of back pain after 20 minutes of taking marijuana.
Types of Back pain can be treated with medical marijuana.
1. Muscle spasms and pain – Medical marijuana can provide instant relief of muscle spasms and pain. Many states have allowed medical marijuana to treat several chronic pain as it is highly effective on back pain.
2. Inflammation – Medical marijuana is very effective due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It has the power for degenerative changes in cervical and thoracic pain. Mostly the pain in the back and neck is due to the degenerative changes in the spine, and here, many patients prefer marijuana for the pain caused due to inflammation.
3. Vomiting and Nausea – Traditional medication for back pain was opioids and other drugs. These drugs had a side effects of nausea and vomiting. Since marijuana treats nausea and back pain, many patients prefer marijuana over any other drug.
It is pronounced by now that your yearlong back pain can be easily treated with medical marijuana. Before you start your treatment, take check with your doctors to see if your condition is suitable for marijuana treatment, and then you can begin your back pain treatment with marijuana.
Our Simple 3 Step Process For Medical Marijuana Card
1. Fill up your details in an easy 420 Evaluations form.
2. Get Evaluated by a Local MMJ doctor After Online Submission.
3. Get Approved and Receive your Recommendation In Your Email.
Looking To Apply For A Medical Marijuana Card?
Chronic Pain Symptoms, Causes & Medical Marijuana Treatment
What is Chronic Pain? What are the Symptoms, Causes, and Medical marijuana treatment for Chronic pain?Table of Content Introduction What Research Says Causes of Chronic Pain Symptoms of Chronic Pain Marijuana Work for Chronic Pain Best Weed Strains...
Exploring the Effectiveness of Marijuana for Cancer Patients: A Comprehensive Review
Exploring the Effectiveness of Marijuana for Cancer Patients: A Comprehensive ReviewTable of Content Introduction Is Marijuana Effective For Cancer Best Marijuana Strains For Cancer Causes of Cancer Symptoms of Cancer Conclusion Medical marijuana is...
Maryland’s 2023 Medical Marijuana Program: Eligibility Criteria and Qualifying Conditions.
Table of Content Introduction Qualifying Medical Conditions How Do You Know If You Qualify Qualifying Conditions for Minor Patients Required Documents Procedure for Obtaining Marijuana Approval Are you seeking information about the medical...