Autism is a medical condition associated with brain development, which impacts how a person socializes or perceives others.
This leads to issues in communication and social interaction.
This generally begins in childhood and eventually leads to issues functioning in society.
Symptoms of Autism
Several children show the signs of disease in their early infancy, like lack of response, reduced eye contact, and many more.
While other children may generally grow for the initial few months and then suddenly become aggressive or withdrawn.
The signs of the disorder are generally seen by the age of 2 years.
Each kid with the disease will likely have a unique severity level and behavior pattern.
Common signs showed by people with the disease
1. Social interaction and Communication
A person with a disease may have issues with social communication and interaction skills, including:
- Failing to respond.
- Resists holding or cuddling
- Seems to prefer to play alone
- Lack of facial expression
- Poor eye contact
- Do not speak much
- Speaks with an abnormal tone
- Cannot initiate a conversation
- Repeats the phrases or words
- Doesn’t understand simple questions
- Doesn’t express emotions
- Difficult recognizing nonverbal cues
2. Behavior Patterns
- Performs activities that may lead to self-harm
- Performs repetitive movements
- Develops particular routines
- Have coordination issues
- Are fascinated by an object’s details
- Sensitive to light
- Have particular food preferences
When do you need to see a doctor?
Children with the disease generally show signs of delayed development before the age of 2 years. If such a scenario happens, visit the doctor immediately.
However, here are a few earlier indications to visit a doctor
- Go to the doctor immediately if your child
- Doesn’t show a happy expression for six months
- Doesn’t show facial expressions or mimicked sounds for nine months
- Doesn’t gesture by 14 months
- Doesn’t say a single word for 16 months
Causes of Autism
There is no single cause of the disease. Since the symptoms, severity, and complexity varies, the condition may be caused by many reasons. Some may include:
Some different genes are involved in the appearance of the disease. Genes may affect the way brain cells communicate, affect brain development, or even determine the severity of the symptoms.
- Environmental factors
Researchers are exploring the possibility of whether the factors like medications, complications, or viral infections play a role in triggering the disease.
Risk factors involved!
Since the number of cases of the disease is increasing. Autism affects children of all nationalities or races; however, several may be at an increased risk. This may include:
- Family history
- Child sex
- Other medical conditions
- Parents ages
- Extremely preterm babies
Issues associated with the communication, behavior, and social interactions lead to:
- Issues in school
- Inability to live independently
- Employment issues
- Social isolation
- Stress within the family
Diagnosis of Autism
The doctor will look for the developmental delays in the child at regular checkups.
If the child indicates any disorder symptoms, you are likely to be referred to a specialist doctor who treats it all.
Since the disease varies in severity and symptoms, making the diagnosis can be difficult. A single test won’t determine the disorder, but the doctors may
- Observe the child and ask how the child interacts, communicates, or analyzes their skills or behavior.
- Recommends the tests covering speech, language, hearing, behavioral and social issues
- Use the criteria in DSM-5.
- Present the communication interactions and structured social interactions to the child
- Include another specialist in determining the disease
Treatment of Autism
There is no cure for the disease. And since symptoms and severity vary from person to person, the treatment includes no one size fits all rule.
The goal is only to maximize the child’s ability to reduce the severity of the symptoms.
The treatments may include:
- Educational therapies
- Communication and behavior therapies
- Family therapies
- Other therapies
Since the medical condition is more inclined to manage the symptoms and their severity only, it is good to visit the doctor immediately to handle everything at an early age.
Medical doctors are the only concerned persons who can help.
2. Connect With A Registered Marijuana Doctor.
3. Receive Your Recommendation Instantly.
A Complete Process and Ways to find The Best Marijuana Doctors.In This Blog Introduction Find The Best Doctors Factors To Check while Selecting Online Medical Marijuana Doctors State Initiative Final Take Are you looking for "Medical marijuana...
Explaining the Process of Acquiring a Medical Marijuana Card in Illinois (Updated Process - 2023)Medical marijuana cards in Illinois has many benefits, and in this article, we will talk about getting the card in detail, so you get your own marijuana...
NLegalization Status of Weed in Illinois, Here is what you should know (2023)In This Blog Introduction Key facts about MMJ Card Qualifying Conditions Possession Can I Grow My Own Medicine? Requirements Process Bottomline Yes! The access, purchase,...